A small practice with a family feel in Central London is seeking an Architect to join their friendly team.
Architect for Mixed Use Retrofit Projects in London
Salary Guide: £34,000 – £45,000
A small practice with a family feel in Central London is seeking an Architect to join their friendly team. This will be to initially work on commercial and mixed use projects, including heritage and listed building refurbs, less so new builds. So existing experience on similar projects would be beneficial, and where relevant please ensure to include in your portfolio.
The right candidate will have good technical ability and be a focused and hard worker, ideally with some work examples that include heritage details or retrofit in listed buildings.
Requirement and skills:
- Qualification isn’t so vital, though the expectation is you will be RIBA or ARB Architect or Part II Architectural Assistant
- Good knowledge of UK building regulations
- Ability to produce technical packages
- Experience and/or interest in retrofit and sustainable building using existing builds
- Good software ability, and open to working in ArchiCAD – where full training will be provided
- Dynamic, ambitious, and passionate individuals who can balance a large workload independently with good interpersonal and communication skills
- A genuine passion for high-quality design and classical architecture
- Hand-sketching ability and a creative flair
Some travel outside of London will be required but this will be during the workday and all fees will be paid by the studio. Otherwise, this is an office-based position, 5 days a week.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to join a group of talented designers and add countless gorgeous designs to your portfolio while growing alongside a renowned studio with wonderful, passionate and hard-working peers.
One last thing…
If you fit the criteria of all skills, characteristics, and software knowledge, for this Architect for Mixed Use Retrofit Projects in London role; please apply below and attach your CV and a portfolio with detailed samples of work related to this role. In addition, if you have a friend or colleague who you know is looking for a similar role; refer them over to us and take great advantage of our referral scheme as mentioned below.
Article25 is our registered charity of choice. Refer someone for this job and we will give them and you £150. Of course, we can also pay the £300 directly to you for you to spend or donate where you would like.