An established and highly networked Associate Architect Director with a proven track record is sought by a top AJ executive architect studio.
Associate Architect Director
Commercial housing sector focus
Top AJ100 award-winning executive architect practice
Salary Guide: £60,000 – £70,000
An established and highly networked Associate Architect Director with a proven track record of leadership, delivery, and business development is sought by a top AJ executive architect studio. The ideal candidate will be a client-facing individual from a technical background with 10+ years of industry experience focussing on commercial housing sectors, a passion for the technical delivery stages, connections throughout the industry with charisma and clear leadership ability, in addition to a strong portfolio that demonstrates this.
This is a rare Associate Architect Director opportunity to join an established practice that collaborates with many recognised AJ practices as well as clients to deliver the highest-quality projects to an exceptional technical standard. This commercial-housing-focused role is a key business development position, and would therefore suit someone with ambition and drive as ideally, you will step up into a Directorial position within the year.
Key Business Development and Project Generation Responsibilities:
- Support Directors and actively engage in business winning and income generation against established financial targets in keeping with the Business Plan.
- Rainmaking and generating project opportunities.
- Foster and promote the highest level of technical design and delivery.
- Developing new contacts in the industry.
- Conversion of new clients to generate appropriate projects (project type, assumption of profit) and in accordance with business plan aims.
- Repeat work through the retention and management of key clients and conversion of future projects.
- Ability to market all aspects of the business, ability to track the markets, define current market issues in relation to the business plan, identify client requirements, identify project opportunities, and how best to serve clients.
- Promoting the brand within the industry, being a steward of the company.
- Attending client and consultant functions, client entertainment (breakfasts, lunches, dinners, events).
- Project pitches and technical design fee proposals and leadership
- With assistance from the Operations Coordinator help to develop the best external-facing marketing material to ensure the best images, brochures, competition entries, presentations are possible.
- Working with Operations Coordinator to highlight opportunities for project-specific events and wider industry comments.
- Commentary on the website, provision of material and images to enable frequent updating.
- Commentary on emerging communication types (use of social media) including providing appropriate quotes and commentary on the market for uploading to Twitter etc.
Key Studio Responsibilities:
- Support and provide input for Directors in their preparation of a personal or sector-related business plan which reflects the business plan.
- Ensure the highest quality of technical design is delivered across the studio.
- Act to continually challenge and raise technical design quality.
- Review, evaluate and propose initiatives to enhance project winning and income achievement objectives throughout the business.
- Support Directors in the preparation of fee proposals, review of Appointments in terms of scope, services, commercial and Pl issues, including undertaking the required negotiations internally with the Board and between The Wren and Client lawyers.
- Additionally, you will support Directors in their monitoring of projects against fee and resource (and program) to ensure critical path and profitability are maintained. Advising Directors and Accounts team immediately of any project issues which could affect profitability and income.
- Furthermore, you will support Directors in their reporting to Accounts and attend Income Target Reviews.
- Track fee correspondence relating to your projects.
- Work with HR to coordinate and manage employee engagement and immediate team issues, e.g., authorised and unauthorised absences, conflict management, grievances, etc.
- With support from HR manage the career growth of staff through coaching and mentoring, delegating responsibility and monitoring performance, probation and appraisal reviews, introduction to contacts in the industry, encouraging attendance at industry events/client functions.
- Support and uphold the studio structure, including monitoring to achieve quality and efficiency.
- Support and promote the very best level of technical design. Primarily ensuring that client expectation is managed, fee level is appropriate, ensure projects are resourced and planned with the correct skills set.
- Supporting and promoting the very best level of client care and advice.
- Participating in Technical Reviews of your projects as required.
- Attend and participate in social and technical design events in the office to ensure a culture of openness and accessibility is maintained and to provide support for initiatives developed by others.
- Undertake the appropriate amount of CPD modules per year to ensure skills and knowledge level is maintained.
- Assist HR with recruitment and resourcing of projects, conduct a consistent and thorough interview and selection process to enable the best talent.
- Attend and participate in Project Forum to develop and share knowledge.
- Attend CPDs and lunchtime talks to support the culture of learning.
In return, you will receive a generous salary + package as well as many company perks. If you are a client-facing Technical Associate Director with aspirations to step up as a Director of an award-winning AJ practice then do not hesitate to apply with your CV/ portfolio as well as your salary expectations and notice period
One more thing…
If you fit the criteria of all skills, characteristics as well as software knowledge, for this, Associate Architect Director role; please apply below.
Attach your CV and a portfolio with detailed samples of work detailed to this commercial/residential/housing focus opportunity. Furthermore, if you have a friend or colleague who you know is looking for a similar role; refer them over to us and take great advantage of our referral scheme as mentioned below.