A young but accomplished studio specialising in high-end residential and luxury hospitality is looking for a Middleweight Furniture Designer
Middleweight Furniture Designer
Bespoke Luxury Interiors
High-End Residential and Luxury Hospitality
Salary Guide: £30,000 – £40,000
A young but already accomplished studio that specialises in high-end residential and luxury hospitality is looking for a Middleweight Furniture Designer. Based in central London, with many convenient travel options. Creating complete bespoke high-end interiors, with a range of different furniture, lighting, and accessories items to be designed and developed. The studio is also looking to develop its own in-house furniture range, providing a fantastic opportunity of growth with within the role.
The ideal candidate will have over 4 years of experience designing furniture & lighting from concept and modelling to technical drawing, all the way through to post-production.
- You will be an important part of a talented and creative studio.
- Working across multiple high-end residential and hospitality projects, designing many bespoke pieces.
- Assisting more senior designers and guiding more junior.
- Being client-facing to take briefs and present.
- Exploring concepts and developing designs.
- Putting together presentations.
- Creating bespoke projects using your creative and technical skills.
- Coming up with design solutions.
- Going on-site and attending meetings.
- Fulfilling production requirements.
- Liaising with suppliers and contractors.
- Assisting the studio wherever necessary to produce stunning projects.
What you will need:
- A degree in furniture, interiors, or product design is preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in furniture, lighting, or product design.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Creative with a good eye for design and a passion for high-level interiors.
- A positive team player with good communication skills.
- Able to use your initiative and be a problem solver.
- Strong aesthetic and technical design skills and awareness of ergonomics within a design.
- An extensive understanding of joinery construction, manufacturing process, materials, and finishes.
- Ability to read architectural plans and understand different styles of interior spaces.
- Excellent in personal time management with the ability to multitask
- Able to keep the team updated on delivery times and communicate clearly via email or other channels.
- Experience and skills using Cinema 4d (or other relevant 3D modeling software) SketchUp, AutoCAD, and Adobe suite.
About the company:
- A great location based in a trendy central part of London
- A young and ambitious studio who are quickly making marks in the high-end interior design industry
- Offering a competitive salary
- Great work-life balance
- A brilliant social and friendly studio environment
One Last Thing…
If you fit the criteria of all skills, characteristics as well as software knowledge, for this Middleweight Furniture Designer role then please apply below.
Firstly, attach your CV and a portfolio with detailed samples of work detailed to this high-end residential and luxury hospitality opportunity. Furthermore, if you have a friend or colleague who you know is looking for a similar role then refer them over to us and take great advantage of our referral scheme as mentioned below.