A top international firm is looking to grow its team with an experienced Construction Design Manager, to work across sectors, but initially working on some award-winning retail projects.
Construction Design Manager
For UK leading retail projects
Salary Guide: £55,000 – £68,000
A top international firm is looking to grow its team with an experienced Construction Design Manager (CDM), to work across sectors, but initially working on some award-winning retail projects.
This is a great chance to join a studio that works on large and complex award-winning projects, they are a great name for your CV and offer the chance to cultivate your experience and grow within the team. You will ideally have a couple of years of experience in a similar Construction Design Manager role, be a process-driven individual and have team-leading skills.
Job description and skills:
This is a rare opportunity to demonstrate and utilise your passion for design management within the construction industry. Your internal and external team coordination skills, technical knowledge and innovative mindset will help to deliver great projects in the UK and potentially internationally too.
- Have strong industry experience from either an Architectural or Project Management background
- Be able to lead on complex fit-out projects and manage a team to meet deadlines and targets
- Have existing experience in design management of a variety of large-scale and complex projects, working through all RIBA stages
- Experience of working with UK building regulations, construction types and knowledge of risk mitigation
- Have an inquisitive and problem solving mindset and be interested and driven to take your career to the next step
- Be able to develop the design function of a project to consistently improve and be better than any competition, to drive innovation and best practice
- Confident and clear communicator both verbally and visually, from using software to hand drawings – for client management to internal meetings and team leadership
- Assist in establishing consultant requirements and working projects through suitable subcontract packages
- Proficient in Revit and AutoCAD, Microsoft Office and Adobe
- Able to manage people, working as part of a team and share knowledge to support junior staff too
About the company:
- A great East London practice, surrounded by cool and quirky bars and restaurants
- International award-winning practice
- Structured career progression in place to help you achieve your goals and career development
- Huge variety of clients and exciting projects
- Comprehensive benefits package, with a range of appealing perks and benefits
One last thing…
If you fit the criteria of all skills, characteristics as well as software knowledge, for this Senior Construction Design Manager (CDM) role; please apply below.
Firstly, attach your CV and a portfolio with detailed samples of relevant large-scale technical project work for this London Construction Design Manager opportunity. Furthermore, if you have a friend or colleague who you know is looking for a similar role then refer them over to us and take great advantage of our referral scheme as mentioned below.