Seeking a dynamic D&B Senior Technical Designer to transform concepts into reality. Join a growing firm specialising in innovative workplace projects. Apply now!
D&B Senior Technical Designer – Hertfordshire
Salary Guide: £60,000 – £80,000
This growing Design & Build firm, who specialise in considered and innovation workplace projects, are seeking a dynamic and talented Senior Technical Designer. An exciting opportunity to join at senior level designing smarter interior commercial workspaces in new and renovated buildings, transforming concepts into reality and shaping the future of work environments. As a Senior Technical Designer, you will play a crucial role in developing innovative, functional, and aesthetically pleasing commercial workspaces. Working closely with the design and construction teams, you will produce technical design packages and ensure a smooth transition from concept to implementation.
- Produce technical and construction packages, focusing on stage 4 onwards.
- Provide technical input at the concept stage to facilitate seamless progression.
- Ensure compliance with national and local building and safety codes.
- Collaborate with the interior design team to create cohesive and highly productive work environments.
- Communicate effectively with clients and design teams to understand their requirements and aspirations.
- Research concepts and materials to support the development of innovative designs.
- Consider budgets, materials, risks, and labor to maximize project profitability.
- Coordinate tasks and meet deadlines within timely schedules.
- Conduct on-site observations and provide recommendations for streamlining construction.
- Prepare and participate in client presentations during the construction phase.
- Make suggestions for furniture, materials, décor, and finishes within budget constraints.
- Stay updated on workplace interior design trends and statutory regulations.
- Collaborate with colleagues, internal teams, and external professionals.
- Assist in negotiating and procuring the final requirements, working with Estimators, Buyers & Project Managers as required.
- Minimize rework requests to ensure project efficiency.
- Allocate time effectively, balancing project priorities and value.
- A Degree in Interior Design, Architecture, or similar.
- 4+ years of relevant post-qualification experience in commercial office retrofit schemes.
- Sound experience in technical detailing, regulations, and standards.
- Understanding of contractors’ proposals and change control.
- Experience with Procore or similar document control systems is desirable.
- Previous experience with a design and build contractor or as a novated designer/architect is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated understanding of spatial planning principles.
- In-depth knowledge of furniture systems and finishes.
- Experience overseeing the design development through construction.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships with clients.
- Exceptional presentation skills for confident client interactions.
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills, working under pressure and across multiple projects.
- Proficiency in Revit and ability to review subconsultants’ drawings and information.
- Full UK driving license.
About the company:
- An exciting growing D&B firm, providing excellent professional growth and success.
- Be an important team member of an innovative company working towards smarter, more productive commercial environments.
- A talented and sociable team.
- Office lunch once a week.
- 1 day a week working from home.
- Highly competitive salary with added company bonus.
One more thing…
If you are a talented D&B Senior Technical Designer, and you are looking for an exciting new challenge, we would love to hear from you.
Article25 is our registered charity of choice. Refer someone for this job and we will give them and you £150. Of course, we can also pay the £300 directly to you for you to spend or donate where you would like.