We are currently working with a luxury interior design studio to recruit a Design Associate to lead their project design team.
Design Associate, Luxury Residential and Hospitality Interiors
Salary Guide: £60,000 – £75,000
We are currently working with a luxury interior design studio to recruit a Design Associate to lead their project design team. The successful candidate will have a strong creative eye and a practical approach to deliver high caliber projects that meet the company’s high standards of quality, timeliness and innovation. The Design Associate will work closely with the Project Manager to support project delivery.
- The ability to lead the stylistic direction of projects and produce, as well as oversee the production of, immaculate design presentations.
- Extensive experience in bespoke luxury furniture and joinery design. The ability to create innovative designs and technical skills to draw up tender drawings and to review shop drawings.
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills required to inspire and drive their team and to support the ebbs and flows of the studio’s workload.
- The ability to be responsible for the creative output of their projects and have a strong understanding and oversight of project delivery.
- The strong work ethic and commitment required to deliver outstanding luxury interior design projects to the highest quality within a dynamic environment.
- The ability to lead UHNWI client relationships and project presentations. To be an advocate of the company’s work and support the Directors with new business enquiries.
- A strong understanding of their team’s capabilities and strengths, and structure the frequency and nature of project reviews to ensure project deadlines are met and that projects are run in an organized and structured manner.
- A strong understanding of luxury and ensure that everything from design presentations, site installations, FF&E items, and dressing are executed to the highest standard.
- The ability to identify risk factors and catch problems early and to have a solutions-based approach rooted in good judgement.
- Successfully oversee high value and complex FF&E packages on their projects.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Interior Design or Interior Architecture.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in Luxury Interior Design.
- Fluent in InDesign, Photoshop, AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite. Sketch-Up and Esti PC skills would be useful but aren’t essential
- Deliver pitches and presentations to agreed timescale, including deadlines for team reporting to Design Associate
- Quality management of design presentations of project(s) being overseen.
- Quality of external and internal communications. External to be timely, well written and with the correct tone and discretion. Internal to be timely, well considered, and demonstrate strategic thinking and leadership.
- Manage and complete projects on budget. Cost management.
- Core Values: Passion, Ambition, Compassion, Resilience, Collaborative, Commitment, Confidentiality, Honesty, Integrity, Flexibility, Positive Attitude, Strong Work Ethic, Hands-on Approach, Team Mentality.
About the company:
- Renowned luxury design studio, with exciting and unique projects to work on.
- Flexible working hours.
- Hybrid setup between home working and from the beautiful West London office.
- Competitive salary and annual bons.
- Mental wellbeing support, physical wellbeing with a gym membership included.
- Inspirational trips, opportunity to attend events and regular team bonding days out.
One more thing…
If you are a talented Design Associate, and you are looking for an exciting new challenge, we would love to hear from you.
Article25 is our registered charity of choice. Refer someone for this job and we will give them and you £150. Of course, we can also pay the £300 directly to you for you to spend or donate where you would like.