Join a prestigious London-based international design firm as a Design Director. Lead a dynamic team and shape exceptional interior design projects.
Design Director for an International Design Firm, London-based
Salary Guide: £80,000 – £85,000
An international design firm is seeking a Design Director to join their team in London. A distinguished candidate will have a track record of successful team and project management that priorities both timelines and budgetary considerations while fostering a motivated and cohesive team of interior designers. This role will suit either someone already in a design director position or someone ready to step up to the role who has relevant experience in people and project management.
- Design Director initially leads, manages and provides the glue that drives the team.
- Help grow the design team, dealing with resources and recruitment.
- Undertake interviews and be heavily involved in the selection process.
- Assess the current design processes and team structure in place, then take into consideration on what can be improved or changed.
- Ensuring a united, productive, and happy work environment across the design team.
- Encouraging a commercial mindset and efficiency across the studio.
- Carrying out regular reviews of ongoing projects.
- Leading design meetings and assisting with fee proposals and budgeting, reviewing this against projects ensuring maximum quality is always delivered.
- Reporting monthly to Partners on team progress, profitability, areas of concern, areas of development including recommendations
- Delivering an exceptional client experience.
- Line Management, delegation, and further management of more junior staff.
- Extensive knowledge of AutoCAD, Photoshop, InDesign, Estimate, Excel and 3D modelling software and other industry software packages.
- Knowledge of high-end residential and hospitality interior design is essential.
- Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and visual.
- Proven ability to lead and manage teams while juggling multiple projects at any one time.
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise and work to deadlines.
- Responsible confident and decisive manner.
- A role model who can foster collaborative working.
- A natural problem solver.
- Must have a BA in Interior Design, Architecture, or a related field with 12+ years’ post-graduate experience.
- Proven history of excellence in high-end design.
About the company:
- Great studio environment with a very friendly atmosphere to work in
- The studio works both nationally and internationally across all scales.
- An opportunity to work with an award-winning firm, based in the heart of London.
- Work-from-home policy provided.
- Generous annual leave and pension.
- Regular company events.
One last thing…
If you fit the criteria of the skills, characteristics and software knowledge for this exciting Design Director role we’d love to hear from you. First, please attach your CV and portfolio. In addition, if you have a friend or colleague who you know is looking for a similar role; refer them over to us and take great advantage of our referral scheme – contact us for more info.