Join a world-renowned hospitality studio in London as a Design Director. Lead a talented team, deliver exceptional projects, and shape the future of luxury interior design.
Design Director for World Renowned Hospitality Studio, London Studio
Salary Guide: £80,000 – £120,000
A rare opportunity to join a World Renowned Hospitality Studio as Design Director. At the forefront of interior design within the global hospitality sector, this company works on amazing projects in collaboration with recognised luxury hotel and leisure groups. Looking for a director level creative designer who can still get stuck into the design yet manage the team towards successful project completion. Joining a design team of 10, the team works closely together developing each designer along with the studio. Working on UK and a wide range of international projects.
- Design Director leading and managing a team of 10
- Successful deliver hospitality interior design projects in the UK and internationally
- Maintaining an impeccably high standard and ensuring the studios design identity and aesthetic of beautiful high-quality design is realised in every project.
- Confidently develop, grow and maximise project revenue through your commercial skills.
- Asses the current design processes and team structure in place, then take into consideration on what can be improved or changed
- Ensuring a united, productive, and happy work environment across the design team
- Encouraging a commercial mind set and efficiency across the studio
- Carrying out regular reviews of ongoing projects
- Growing the team internally, recognising talent that aligns with the studio and cultivating career development for existing staff
- Leading design meetings and assisting with fee proposals and budgeting, reviewing this against projects ensuring maximum quality is always delivered
- Reporting to the Founder on team progress, profitability, areas of concern, area of development including recommendations
- Delivering an exceptional client experience, Leading client presentations, being involved in meetings as required, preparing fee proposals
- Manage and set deliverables for the studio in order to meet project deadlines
- Line Management, delegation, and further management of more junior staff
- Consistently staying ahead of trends and maintain excellent industry knowledge
- Relevant and extensive background of Interior Design or Architecture
- Solid hospitality design background, with expectation to has a lot of input towards the design itself
- In depth understanding of the processes and inputs required in hospitality design
- Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and visual
- Proven ability to lead and manage teams while juggling multiple projects at any one time
- Exceptional design aesthetic
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Confident and personable manner as well as high level people and business skills
- Be reliable and committed to the demands of the role
- Commercial outlook with a profit focused mindset, with new business winning capability
- A role model who can foster collaborative working
- A sensitive problem solver
- A passion for Hospitality, Hotel and Food & Beverage design including keeping up to date with new developments and design trends in the design industry
- Global awareness to work on international projects
- A valuable network of industry contacts
About the company:
- Unique hotel and hospitality projects across the world
- Central London office as well as offices in Asia
- Competitive salary
- Extremely talented team.
- Excellent long-term career prospects
- Package including private health insurance
One last thing…
If you fit the criteria of all skills and characteristics for this Designer Director role then please apply below. In addition, if you have a friend or colleague who you know is looking for a similar role; refer them over to us and take great advantage of our referral scheme as mentioned below.
Article25 is our registered charity of choice. Refer someone for this job and we will give them and you £150. Of course, we can also pay the £300 directly to you for you to spend or donate where you would like.