Seeking a Technical Associate Architect Director with a proven track record of leadership, delivery, and business development. Oxfordshire
Driven and Technical Associate Architect Position
Work on delivery of BIM science and technology projects
Based in Oxfordshire
Salary Guide: £55,000 – £62,000
There is a great opportunity to join an established practice as a Technical Associate Architect Director with a proven track record of leadership, delivery, and business development. The ideal candidate will be from a technical background with 10-15 years of industry experience focussing on technical science and commercial projects, a passion for the technical delivery stages, connections throughout the industry with charisma, and clear leadership ability. Ideally with a strong portfolio that demonstrates this, so including technical drawings.
This is a rare Associate Architect opportunity to join an established practice with multiple offices throughout the UK, based in their Oxfordshire practice. They collaborate with recognised AJ practices as well as clients to deliver the highest-quality projects to an exceptional technical standard. This role is a key business development position, and would therefore suit someone with ambition and drive as ideally, you will step up to the next level within a couple of years.
Key Development and Project Responsibilities for Associate Architect Director role:
- A minimum of 10 years of experience post RIBA or ARB qualification, with experience working in a similar role. Utilising technical knowledge and expertise to provide innovative solutions to apply to building science and technology on architectural and construction projects.
- Specialism in the application of building large-scale technical projects, such as science, technology, warehouses, datecentres.
- Lots of experience in delivery and stage 4, to take a leading role on these projects, promoting technical competency in BIM and Revit, and be willing to mentor and lead junior members of the team.
- Experience negotiating and managing the development of a project through construction.
- Proficient proven experience negotiating and managing construction contracts, from traditional, partnering to design and building contacts.
- Support Director and actively engage in income generation against established financial targets in keeping with the Business Plan.
- You will be responsible for architectural design; coordination of
Design Team & contract administration for assigned projects; key commercial activities; and Business Development.
- Foster and promote the highest level of technical design and delivery.
- Developing new contacts in the industry.
- Repeat work through the retention and management of key clients and conversion of future projects.
- Have a great go-getter attitude, so not only leading the team but being hands-on with workload too.
- Act to continually challenge and raise technical design quality.
- Track fee correspondence relating to your projects.
- With support from HR manage the career growth of staff through coaching and mentoring, delegating responsibility and monitoring performance, probation and appraisal reviews, introduction to contacts in the industry, and encouraging attendance at industry events/client functions.
- Support and uphold the studio structure, including monitoring to achieve quality and efficiency.
- Support and promote the very best level of technical design. Primarily ensuring that client expectation is managed, the fee level is appropriate, ensure projects are resourced and planned with the correct skill set.
- Supporting and promoting the very best level of client care and advice.
- Participating in Technical Reviews of your projects as required.
- Attend CPDs and talks to support the culture of learning.
In return, you will receive a generous salary + package as well as many company perks. If you are a driven and technical-minded Associate Architect with aspirations to step up then do not hesitate to apply with your CV/ portfolio as well as your salary expectations and notice period.
One more thing…
If you fit the criteria of all skills, characteristics as well as software knowledge, for this Associate Architect Director role; please apply below.
Attach your CV and a portfolio with detailed samples of work detailed to this BIM science and technology projects opportunity. Furthermore, if you have a friend or colleague who you know is looking for a similar role; refer them over to us and take great advantage of our referral scheme as mentioned below.