Join an award-winning studio in London as a Furniture Designer. Create bespoke luxury interiors and develop your skills in a creative and collaborative environment.
Furniture Designer, Bespoke Luxury Interiors
Salary Guide: £40,000 – £50,000
An award-winning and accomplished studio who specialise in high-end residential and luxury hospitality are looking for a Furniture Designer. Based in central London, with many convenient travel options. Creating complete bespoke high-end interiors, with a range of different furniture, lighting, and accessories items to be designed and developed. The studio is also looking to developer their own in-house furniture range, providing a fantastic opportunity of growth with within the role.
The ideal candidate will have over 4 years’ experience designing furniture & lighting from concept and modelling to technical drawing, all the way through to post-production.
- Creating bespoke projects using your creative and technical skills.
- Coming up with design solutions.
- You will be an important part of a talented and creative studio.
- Working across multiple high-end residential and hospitality projects, designing many bespoke pieces.
- Assisting more senior designers and guiding more junior.
- Being client facing to take briefs and present.
- Exploring concepts and developing designs.
- Putting together presentations.
- Going on site and attending meetings.
- Fulfilling production requirements.
- Liaising with suppliers and contractors working toward sourcing and selecting the right materials, finishes and fabrics.
- Assisting the studio wherever necessary to produce stunning projects.
What you will need:
- A degree in furniture, interiors, or product design is preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in furniture, lighting, or product design.
- Experience and knowledge of upholstery and fabrics.
- Ability to use AutoCAD, SketchUp and Adobe Creative Suite to a high level of proficiency.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Creative with a good eye for design and passion for high-level interiors.
- A positive team player with good communication skills.
- Able to use your initiative and be a problem solver.
- Strong aesthetic and technical design skills and awareness of ergonomics within a design.
- An extensive understanding of furniture design principles and it manufacturing requirements including joinery construction, manufacturing process, materials and finishes.
One last thing…
If you fit the criteria of all skills, characteristics as well as software knowledge, for this Furniture Designer role then please apply below. In addition, if you have a friend or colleague who you know is looking for a similar role; refer them over to us and take great advantage of our referral scheme as mentioned below.
Article25 is our registered charity of choice. Refer someone for this job and we will give them and you £150. Of course, we can also pay the £300 directly to you for you to spend or donate where you would like.