A bespoke, luxury hospitality and F&B studio are seeking a talented and creatively driven furniture designer to join their team, based in central London
Furniture designer for boutique Hospitality and F&B studio, London
A bespoke, luxury hospitality and F&B studio are seeking a talented and creatively driven furniture designer to join their team, based in central London. Their focus is on crafting entirely customized, high-end interiors, encompassing a diverse array of furniture, lighting, and accessory items to be designed and brought to life. Additionally, the studio is developing their own exclusive in-house furniture collection, providing an exciting avenue for professional growth within this role.
- You will play a pivotal role within a highly talented and imaginative studio.
- Your duties will span across multiple high-end hospitality and food and beverage projects, entailing the design of numerous custom pieces.
- You will collaborate with more senior designers and provide guidance to junior team members.
- Client interactions will be part of your responsibilities, involving briefing and presentations.
- You will explore innovative concepts and develop designs.
- The creation of comprehensive project presentations is one of your responsibilities.
- The development of unique projects, drawing upon your creative and technical expertise.
- Problem-solving to devise design solutions.
- Participation in on-site visits and meetings.
- Meeting production requirements.
- Establishing connections with suppliers and contractors.
- This role would be for someone legally eligible to work in the UK.
- A degree in furniture, interiors, or product design is preferred.
- A minimum of four years of experience in furniture, lighting, or product design.
- Proficiency in upholstery and fabric knowledge.
- Keen attention to detail.
- A creative spirit with a discerning eye for design and a genuine passion for top-tier interiors.
- An enthusiastic team player with strong communication skills.
- The ability to take initiative and solve problems independently.
- Proficiency in aesthetic and technical design, with a strong awareness of ergonomic principles.
- A deep understanding of joinery construction, manufacturing processes, materials, and finishes.
- Capability to interpret architectural plans and grasp various interior space styles.
- Exceptional personal time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- Adept at keeping the team informed about delivery timelines and clear communication through various channels.
- Proficiency in using software tools like Cinema 4D (or relevant 3D modeling software), SketchUp, AutoCAD, and the Adobe Suite.
About the company:
- A young and ambitious studio who are quickly making marks in the high-end interior design industry.
- Multiple transport links and a prime central London location.
- Offering a competitive salary.
- Brilliant work-life balance.
- Great social and friendly studio environment.
- An environment that fosters support and professional growth and development.