An established luxury property developer is looking for an Interior Design Associate to take on a permanent position within the company.
Interior Design Associate
For established luxury property developers
Salary Guide: £70,000 – £80,000
An established luxury property developer is looking for an Interior Design Associate to take on a permanent position within the company. This studio is a high-end, prestigious residential developer that creates some of the most desirable places in the world to live. They are looking for a designer with proven high-end experience to work alongside other Seniors as well as to lead on multiple varied FF&E and IA projects. With a head office located in prime London Mayfair, they are primely placed to spark inspiration in designers every day. The ideal candidate will have a clear love for design and be ready to bring forward their original ideas with energy and passion. They are looking for an individual to take an influential role in the growth of the design team and the direction of design.
- The successful person will work on a day-to-day basis with the Artistic Director and other Senior Designer
- They will be expected to lead the creative and conceptual stages of the projects as well as take lead positions in other project stages
- Design and develop beautiful bespoke furniture, including case pieces, upholstery, lighting and joinery
- Manage and check information produced by consultants, sub-contractors and suppliers
- Present and sell concepts and design solutions to our clients
- Contribute to producing all delivery drawings and specifications to a design intent package level, Developing specifications, coordinating and overseeing the project’s documentation
- Produce detailed project timelines and provide regular updates and progress reports
- Deliver confident, experienced and skilled space planning, applying knowledge of the planning process and building regulations where applicable
- Respond effectively to complex questions and troubleshoot problems, whilst working and switching between various projects
- Provide support the junior designers through mentorship and guidance, redlining corrections and teaching approved procedures. This also includes encouraging team spirit and motivation
- Support the team by helping set standards, guidelines and streamlined processes and ensuring their implementation
- Full proficiency using Vectorworks, Adobe Creative Suite & Microsoft Suite.
- Degree qualified in Interior Design or Interior Architecture with a minimum of 6-7 years post qualification experience
- A strong background in Interior Architecture including technical ability and broad knowledge of materiality
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills at all levels to be used internally as the lead on a smooth running team and also externally in client management delivering a perfect experience to our customers
- Experience working on all aspects of projects, through all stages of work, from concept to completion
- Someone who has experience of being the main client’s contact and project lead. Demonstrable experience of successfully delivering to project programs, deadline and to manage budgets and costs
- A passion for FF&E with vast knowledge of suppliers, products and specialist finishes. An exceptional eye for scale and balance, detail and colour
- This role would be for someone legally eligible to work in the UK
About the company:
- The chance to work on the most prestigious luxurious interiors in the world
- A creative team of individuals who are friendly but also passionate about art and design
- Generous holiday allowance increasing with years of service
- Flexible working and a ‘manage your own time’ approach
- Private Health care – extensive cover package
- Life Assurance Pension
- Cycle to work – buy and rent
- Nursery/childcare scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
One last thing…
If this Interior Design Associate role is of interest; and you’re dedicated, with a flair for design and acute attention to details; send us your CV and Portfolio by applying below! Or, if you have a friend who is looking for a role that ticks all relevant experience and skills, refer them to us and find out how our referral program will benefit you.
Article25 is our registered charity of choice. Refer someone for this job and we will give them and you £150. Of course, we can also pay the £300 directly to you for you to spend or donate where you would like.
Job # 18584