Join a dynamic and talented team as a Junior to Middleweight Interior Designer in a renowned hospitality and residential design studio.
Junior to Middleweight Interior Designer, Hospitality & Residential Design Studio
Salary Guide: £28,000 – £32,000
A small team of talented designers, this interior design studio is known for its exceptional work in creating captivating spaces. They specialise in transforming ordinary environments into extraordinary ones, weaving together aesthetics, functionality, and sustainability. From selecting the perfect color palette to sourcing distinctive furnishings and accessories, every detail is meticulously curated to create harmonious and visually stunning interiors. This junior to mid-level role will suit someone with previous London based studio experience who is looking to learn and grow as a designer, working closely with a talented director.
- Bring innovative and original ideas to the studio, fostering a fresh perspective.
- Generate cohesive concepts through space planning, 3D modeling, rendering, and concept presentations.
- Translate concept imagery into tangible designs during the development phase.
- Prepare sample trays, source new finishes, and request samples to ensure quality and variety.
- Create detailed plans, elevations, joinery drawings, and schedules for architectural and joinery elements.
- Provide design solutions and ideas for custom FF&E (Furniture, Fixtures, and Equipment).
- Develop FF&E drawings, schedules, and budget documents.
- Source budget-specific furniture, lighting, textiles, antiques, and artwork.
- Conduct research to discover new suppliers and artisans for potential collaboration.
- Manage procurement, negotiate buying terms, and ensure quality control.
- Coordinate supplier invoices, payment schedules, and shipping logistics to meet project deadlines and budgets.
- Attend site visits, document meeting minutes, and respond to contractors’ and suppliers’ requests for information (RFIs).
- Review information and drawings produced by sub-contractors for accuracy.
- Prepare snagging lists and coordinate the purchase or rental of accessories for styling.
- Coordinate site installations for a seamless implementation of designs.
- Manage logistics for photoshoots and deliveries to and from the site.
- Assist in guiding and mentoring junior designers to foster their design skills.
- Stay updated on current trends in the interior design industry and cultivate a strong sense of storytelling through design.
- Embrace a fun and enjoyable work environment throughout the design process.
- Must have 3+ years’ experience of high-end residential or hospitality projects.
- Proficient Vectorworks, Sketchup, Indesign, Photoshop, and Excel.
- Experience in sourcing interior finishes, FF&E, and antiques.
- Capable of confidently managing schedules across a range of budgets.
- Skilled in reviewing contractor’s shop drawings and collaborating with contractors and suppliers to ensure design adherence.
- Experienced in procurement and seamless installation of FF&E.
- Proficient in styling and executing successful photoshoots.
- Passionate about Interior Design with an exceptional eye for design and details.
About the company:
- Their approach embraces the unique narrative of each space, collaborating closely with clients to bring their visions to life.
- 20 days annual leave plus Christmas & New Year closure.
- Dog-friendly studio.
- Opportunities for learning, development, and career advancement.
- Staff socials and study trips.
- Stunning projects with excellent project and client exposure.
One more thing…
If you are a talented Junior to Middleweight Interior Designer, and you are looking for an exciting new challenge, we would love to hear from you.
Article25 is our registered charity of choice. Refer someone for this job and we will give them and you £150. Of course, we can also pay the £300 directly to you for you to spend or donate where you would like.