An exciting opportunity to relocate to the Middle East as a Materials and Resource Librarian.
Materials and Resource Librarian
To relocate to the Middle East
Salary Guide: £35,000 – £42,000
An exciting opportunity to relocate to the Middle East as a Materials and Resource Librarian. Joining a studio with 25 years’ experience of super luxury residential projects with a strong French heritage. They create some of the world’s most impressive projects from traditionally styled palaces to super modern luxury villas around the world.
Reporting to the Director of Project Development and Operations, this role is to organize and maintain the FF&E and materials library (fabrics, materials, finishes, surface materials, catalogues, books). To sourcing relevant new materials, samples and technical information and to keep up with the industry resources.
This position will suit someone with a passion for materials, fabrics, and other unique finishes. Who enjoys building the library by researching into new materials, liaising with new suppliers, attending events, and growing a network.
- Be the first point of contact with suppliers and collect catalogues
- Organise the visual presentation of the library
- Be responsible for the update and maintaining the library resources and database
- Be responsible for handling and organising FF&E and materials samples for the design team
- Bring new suppliers on board to enhance the library resources
- Be autonomous and have innovation to develop the library
- Keep the physical library and e-library updated including cataloguing
- Update and distribute the live, available immediate resources
- Organise and maintain the new incoming items on display for ID
- Organise presentations, introductions and meetings for the ID and operations team
- Have excellent working relationships with all existing agents, vendors and suppliers
- Work on building up new working relationships with new agents, vendors and suppliers
What you will bring:
- Experience of working in an architectural or interior design studio, ideally luxury projects
- Experience in the procurement process is essential
- Excellent attention to details and a high-quality finishes
- Excellent organization skills and experience of managing a samples library
- Strong people skills a must, a natural people person
- Knowledge of the industry and eager to attend industry events
- Ability to travel
About the company:
- A studio with 25 years of bespoke high-end residential projects
- Strong French design heritage
- VVIP client base
- A diverse and multinational office
- Extremely competitive salary with no TAX
- Medical care and annual flights home all covered
- Company phone and car
One last thing…
If you are interested in this great Materials and Resource Librarian opportunity with a prestigious studio, please apply now with your CV and Portfolio.
Article25 is our registered charity of choice. Refer someone for this job and we will give them and you £150. Of course, we can also pay the £300 directly to you for you to spend or donate where you would like.
Job # 18313