Vibrant F&B and Hospitality Interior Design firm is looking for a Middleweight Interior Designer to join their London team.
Middleweight Designer, F&B and Hospitality Interior Design Firm, London
Salary Guide: £30,000 – £40,000
A vibrant F&B and hospitality focused boutique interior design and architecture firm is looking for a Middleweight Interior Designer to join their London-based team. The ideal candidate will have between 2-4 years’ experience in the hospitality sector or an equivalent field, as well as having a sound knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Collaborate and work alongside both junior and senior designers to develop projects’ creative vision.
- Understand and engage with the studio’s stylistic requirements throughout all project phases.
- Research and grow supplier and manufacturers relations, updating materials, lighting, ironmongery and sanitaryware products.
- Uphold high standards of design documentation (presentation, sketches, drawings and schedules).
- Taking responsibility for the design and coordination of projects, leasing and reporting to the relevant senior designer and directors.
- This role would be for someone legally eligible to work in the UK.
- Proficiency and a high level of AutoCAD is a must.
- Proficiency in SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft office.
- Excellent freehand sketching abilities.
3D spatial awareness skills.
- In-depth knowledge of industry style trends, especially in the wider restaurant industry.
- In-depth knowledge of joinery, furniture and construction detailing is a must.
- Have a sound understanding of overall projects costs, and contractual obligations between the designer, client, and contractor.
- Maintain a good knowledge of UK building regulations and understanding of construction technology.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in either hospitality design or an equivalent related field.
- Experience in delivering large scale commercial spaces including hotels, bars and restaurants is preferential.
- Strong ability to discern and select colors and materials effectively.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational capabilities.
- Excel in managing tasks under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Equally adept at working independently or as part of a team.
- Practical with a knack for solving problems efficiently.
About the company:
- Monthly team socials, with previous events including bowling, darts and cocktails.
- The opportunity to work with a vibrant and diverse firm with national and international projects across all scales.
- Work from home every Friday and flexi time.
- Great studio environment with a young friendly team that loves to have a laugh.
- East London location
- Flexible office working hours, with Fridays working from home