An exciting opportunity for a middleweight FF&E designer to join a leading interior design studio within the hospitality and maritime sector!
Middleweight FF&E Interior Designer
Renowned Hospitality Design Studio with commercial projects
Highly organised, passionate, ambitious, and confident communicator
Salary Guide: £30,000 – £42,000
An exciting new position to join a leading interior design studio within the hospitality and maritime sector is looking for a middleweight FF&E-focused interior designer to work on a large variety of projects from food and beverage, hospitality, leisure, entertainment, and leisure. The successful candidate will have proven experience delivering FF&E packages for commercial projects with a keen eye for design and a creative flair.
The ideal candidate will be highly organised, passionate, ambitious as well as a clear and confident communicator. This Southeast London-based company of around 45 strong will provide a competitive salary, exciting and varied variety of projects, stability, and a long-term career with great career progression already set in place.
- At least 3 years of industry experience and a relevant degree in interior design or interior architecture.
- Have an extensive understanding of finishes, furniture, and lighting, to deliver FF&E packages for a range of project scales and sectors.
- A genuine passion for luxury interiors and trends with motivation to approach tasks consistently and creatively.
- Experience completing specifications to a high standard.
- Ability to generate and manage FF&E and OS&E schedules and keep track of the supply chain.
- Proven skills to create sample mood boards for client presentations to a high standard.
- An ability to work as part of a larger team, but also independently on projects where required.
- A confident and positive character to hit the ground running and be self-motivated, supported by their previous experience taking ownership of the FF&E on projects.
- A personable, friendly, confident, and grounded demeanor.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, Excel, and confidence in using an Apple Mac computer.
- Familiarity with navigating Vector works as a bonus but is not essential.
- Ability to create mood boards and provide samples.
- Skills to create conceptual designs including the ability to use colour and texture.
- Excellent knowledge of FF&E selection (materials, finishes, detailing, and scheduling).
- Demonstrable experience in producing FF&E specifications with costings, materials, finishes, and sanitary schedules.
- Ability to manage your own time, generate/manage schedules, and workflow of projects efficiently.
- Previous experience dealing with contractors and sub-teams on site.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent written, visual, and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- A passion for FF&E and hospitality design.
- Skills in Vectorworks or AutoCAD, Photoshop, SketchUp, and MS Office.
- Knowledge of FF&E selection (materials, finishes, detailing, and scheduling).
About the company:
- A design leader in their sector, with a renowned long-term and solid client base.
- Hybrid working options!
- Based on a thriving street in Southeast London, close to a major train station.
- Huge variety of projects, and design at its trustiest from.
- Stability of a leading long-standing company.
- Collaborative open-plan office.
- Structured career progression.
- Creative and forward-thinking studio.
- Paid overtime!
- Competitive company benefits and office perks such as lunch paid for every Monday, and four staff parties a year.
One Last Thing…
If you fit the criteria of all skills, characteristics as well as software knowledge, for this Middleweight FF&E Interior Designer then please apply below.
Firstly, attach your CV and a portfolio with detailed samples of work detailed to this exciting hospitality and commercial opportunity. Furthermore, if you have a friend or colleague who you know is looking for a similar role then refer them over to us and take great advantage of our referral scheme as mentioned below.