An AJ100, award-winning international design firm recognized as an industry leader is looking for a Middleweight Interior Designer to take on a permanent position within the company.
Middleweight Interior Designer, AJ100 Practice, Workplace Interiors
Salary Guide: £32,000 – £45,000
An AJ100, award-winning international design firm recognized as an industry leader is looking for a Middleweight Interior Designer to take on a permanent position within the company. This firm prides itself on having a culture of curiosity and on is sustainable design, continuously striven toward through creative thinking and design. They are committed to the right candidate having opportunities to grow and develop both their own skills and the practice, helping people realize that potential . Located in Central London, a stones throw from Aldgate East station, the ideal candidate will be working on projects across workplace and cultural interiors. Project could also include along with workplaces, Museums, Libraries and other community buildings.
- The successful person will report on a day-to-day basis to Senior Designers, Project Managers and other members of staff.
- They will be expected to take part in client presentations and project meetings and where appropriate act as client liaison/ interface.
- The successful candidate will have a sophisticated and practical understanding of corporate interiors with an understanding of specification of furniture desking systems and integration with IT.
- The individual will assist Senior Interior Designers in reviewing construction work on site as required.
- Contributing to Design Reviews, presenting information, specifying products and materials and preparing design and production information.
- Expected to contribute in the preparation of tender presentation material and in the development of tender proposals.
- Assist and contribute in all project stages including concept ideas, development of layouts, finishes, materials and furniture.
- Strong Revit experience (minimum 4 years).
- Degree qualified in Interior Design or Interior Architecture.
- This role would be for someone legally eligible to work in the UK.
- Up to date knowledge in Building regulations, British Standards and other relevant statutory legislation.
- Experience within a fast paced project environment with the ability to work effectively to deadlines and under pressure.
- Knowledge of design project finance and budgeting is desirable.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills at all levels to be used internal as part of a smooth running team and also externally in client management.
About the company:
- The chance to work at a AJ100 practice.
- Bonus scheme.
- Commitment to sustainable design.
- Amazing careers progression working across UK and international projects.
- Experience at an award-winning international design firm.
- Competitive Package included paid overtime.
- Cool office in central London, easily commutable.
- Wellness workshops and reimbursement for fitness programs.
- Regular social events and outings.
- Beer Friday and an office gin trolley.
One more thing…
If you are a talented Middleweight Interior Designer, and you are looking for an exciting new challenge, we would love to hear from you.
Article25 is our registered charity of choice. Refer someone for this job and we will give them and you £150. Of course, we can also pay the £300 directly to you for you to spend or donate where you would like.