Join a global design brand in London as a Middleweight Interior Designer. Showcase your creativity and design expertise.
Middleweight Interior Designer for a Global Brand
Salary Guide: £40,000 – £45,000
A global renowned design brand is looking for a middleweight interior designer with a strong creative flair to join the team in London. The desired candidate will excel in creative design conception, communication of design strategy and have a solution-driven mindset.
- The successful person will collaborate with the design manager to create schematic and design development drawings.
- Assist in selecting colour palettes and design elements to bring concepts to life.
- Oversee the production of design documents by external designers and consultants.
- Ensure design development drawings meet project scope, requirements, and code regulations.
- Review drawings for design intent and coordinate intricate design details.
- Conduct and assist with site visits, gaining valuable experience to inform and enhance design decisions.
- Collaborate across cross-functional teams to refine individual store designs.
- Participate in schematic reviews with operations and design reviews alongside the guidance of the design manager.
- This role would be for someone legally eligible to work in the UK.
- A passion for design and creativity.
- Sound experience of retail and/or brand design.
- Proficiency in CAD drafting and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Excellent production and presentation of PowerPoint Presentations.
- Experience in project management.
- Previous experience managing design consultants and growing relationships between interdisciplinary teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in interior design (or equivalent).
- Great visualization skills (2D + 3D) and sketching of conceptual layouts and technical drawings.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Confident in working independently as well as collaboratively as part of a team.
- Excellent knowledge of colour and design principles.
- Comfortable working efficiently on multiple projects, while adhering to strict deadlines.
- Clear and expressive in communicating stated design principles into unique and varied store locations.
About the company:
- An opportunity to contribute your design talents to a collaborative and innovative environment.
- Fast pace and dynamic projects.
- Vectorworks training is provided.
- Offers opportunity for progression within the company.
- Provides a great benefit allowance.
- Offers flexible and hybrid working, with 2-3 days based from home.
- Provides personal pension.
- Provides Private Medical Insurance and Dental Care plans.
- Leisure and lifestyle benefits.
- Security and Protection benefits.
One last thing…
If you fit the criteria of the skills, characteristics and software knowledge for this exciting Middleweight Interior Designer role we’d love to hear from you. First, please attach your CV and portfolio. In addition, if you have a friend or colleague who you know is looking for a similar role; refer them over to us and take great advantage of our referral scheme – contact us for more info.