An AJ100 award-winning international design firm recognised as an industry leader is looking for a Middleweight Interior Designer to take on a permanent position within the company.
Middleweight Interior Designer
For AJ100 Practice focusing on workplace interiors and urban design
Salary Guide: £35,000 – £42,000
An AJ100 award-winning international design firm recognised as an industry leader is looking for a Middleweight Interior Designer to take on a permanent position within the company. This firm prides itself on having a culture of curiosity and on its sustainable design, which they continuously strive toward through creative thinking and design. They are committed to the right candidate having opportunities to grow and develop both their own skills and the practice, helping people realise that potential.
Located in Central London, a stone’s throw from Aldgate East station, the ideal candidate will be working on workplace interiors, urban design projects and new build architecture. Projects could also include museums, libraries and other community buildings.
- The successful person will report on a day-to-day basis to Senior Designers, Project Managers and other members of staff
- They will be expected to take part in client presentations and project meetings and where appropriate act as client liaison/ interface
- The successful candidate will have a sophisticated and practical understanding of corporate interiors with an understanding of specification of furniture desking systems and integration with IT
- The individual will assist Senior Interior Designers in reviewing construction work on site as required
- Contributing to Design Reviews, presenting information, specifying products and materials and preparing design and production information
- Expected to contribute to the preparation of tender presentation material and in the development of tender proposals
- Assist and contribute in all project stages including concept ideas, development of layouts, finishes, materials and furniture
- Strong Revit experience (minimum 4 years)
- Degree qualified in Interior Design or Interior Architecture
- This role would be for someone legally eligible to work in the UK
- Up-to-date knowledge in Building regulations, British Standards and other relevant statutory legislation.
- Experience within a fast paced project environment with the ability to work effectively to deadlines and under pressure.
- Knowledge of design project finance and budgeting is desirable
- Good interpersonal and communication skills at all levels to be used internal as part of a smooth running team and also externally in client management
One last thing…
If you fit the criteria of the skills, characteristics and software knowledge for this Middleweight Interior Designer role then please apply below. First, please attach your CV and a portfolio with detailed samples of work detailed to this top AJ100 opportunity.
Furthermore, if you have a friend or colleague who you know is looking for a similar role then refer them over to us and take advantage of our referral scheme as mentioned below.
Article25 is our registered charity of choice. Refer someone for this job and we will give them and you £150. Of course, we can also pay the £300 directly to you for you to spend or donate where you would like.