A small but highly regarded interior design studio is looking for a Midweight Interior Designer to focus on private residential projects.
Midweight Interior Designer
For a high-end residential studio based in Berkshire
Salary Guide: £30,000 – £38,000
The growing team is actively looking for Midweight Interior Designer with a focus on private client residential projects. This position will suit a designer who wants to be involved in all aspects of the design process, is confident and comfortable in leading small to medium projects in the luxury residential sector and works efficiently individually as well as collaboratively with the senior design team.
Based west of London, just outside the M25, this small but highly regarded interior design studio offers a comprehensive design service, from concept planning to procurement and installation. Providing a highly tailored, personal service by working closely with clients and recognising each project is unique.
This role will suit someone with natural client facing skills, all rounded skillset and that is happy to take a hands-on approach.
- Working independently or as part of a team under the direction of a Director or Senior Designer
- Create, prepare and present design concepts for the review, using the appropriate tools, programmes and software packages
- Draw design schemes independently and accurately from the initial concept stage through to a full construction package
- Independently and accurately write a design specification with have good comprehension of all technical details
- Compiling project timelines and budgets based on the client brief
- Installing and dressing projects on site
- Organise your workload across a number of projects to meet timeframes and budgets
- Be responsible for your own project correspondence and respond or delegate accordingly
- Clearly and effectively communicate and explain ideas
- Develop or maintain relationships with suppliers
- Supporting and mentoring Design Assistants where necessary
- Be a brand ambassador
- Degree qualification in a relevant field of design or architecture
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience within high-end residential interior design
- Professional approach to work and confident liaising with clients
- Highly organised and ability to manage own time across multiple projects concurrently
- Take a positive approach to work and new challenges
- Excellent knowledge of materials, finishes, furniture, fixtures and equipment
- Ability to work with the design process and the principles of the studio
- Understand fee proposals
- Good knowledge of social media
- Technical ability and proficiency with programs such as AutoCAD, SketchUp and InDesign
- Knowledge of Esti would be advantageous
About the company:
- A beautiful, combined studio and showroom providing luxury interior design services and full range of furniture, lighting, and accessories
- Get to work on impressive high-end residential projects across a variety of styles
- Working closely with the director and clients
- A young, fun, and friendly team who enjoy regular social outings
- Competitive salary and benefits with career progressing structure in place
One last thing…
If you fit the criteria of all skills, characteristics, and software knowledge, for this Midweight Interior Designer role; please apply below and attach your CV and a portfolio with detailed samples of work related to this role. In addition, if you have a friend or colleague who you know is looking for a similar role; refer them over to us and take great advantage of our referral scheme as mentioned below.
Job # 18163