A friendly, vibrant team located in West London are looking for an all-rounder Midweight Interior Designer to go into a permanent position.
Midweight Interior Designer
To work on an electic mix of bespoke residential and hospitality projects
Salary Guide: £30,000 – £40,000
A friendly, vibrant team located in West London are looking for an all-rounder Midweight Interior Designer to go into a permanent position. This team are looking to expand, and you will be working on a range of exciting residential and hospitality projects. The ideal candidate will have a great all-round skillset.
- The successful person will formulate design ideas and work closely with other team members
- You will have a good understanding of budgeting and deadlines of a project
- You will be an excellent communicator, client facing and be able to establish costs and briefs
- You will have experience technical drawing packages including designing joinery, bespoke furniture, lighting and fixed finished.
- A full understanding of FF&E selection, sourcing and specifications
- Prepare and manage FF&E cost schedules and spreadsheets for reporting on and approval of budgets
- Attending site meetings as representative of the client, reporting to senior designer or director
- Good presentation skills
- Comfortable leading more junior team members, and build on their skills
- You will contribute your interest in past styles, detailing and antiques, as well as understanding current trends
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience with a selection of residential and hospitality
- Competent producer of detailed drawings, schedules and specifications
- Exceptional attention to detail and extensive knowledge of materials, finishes & detailing
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Ability to present design concepts and ideas with confidence and passion
- You must have worked on projects from the beginning to end
- Ability to deliver conceptual design ideas, bespoke technical designs, FF&E selection
- Experience in AutoCAD or Vectorworks are essential for this role, having both is a bonus
- Knowledge of Adobe and InDesign are beneficial
- Good use of Estimate (or similar procurement software)
- Great communication skills and a friendly smile
About the company:
- Work with a friendly company who look after each member and promote their professional progression
- Great location in West London
- Opportunity to work on a variety of different projects
- Great way to develop career further
- Regular social events
- Private health insurance, life cover and Employee Assistance Programme
- Hybrid working (2 days per week in the studio)
- Reduced summer working hours
One last thing…
This is a great opportunity to gain in depth experience on a prestigious project at an excellent practice. If this Midweight Interior Designer role is of interest; and you’re dedicated, with a flair for design and acute attention to details; send us your CV and Portfolio by applying below! Or, if you have a friend who is looking for a role that ticks all relevant experience and skills, refer them to us and find out how our referral program will benefit you.
This company holds good presentation skills in high regards, and with high importance so please ensure your Portfolio is well laid out and detailed.
Article25 is our registered charity of choice. Refer someone for this job and we will give them and you £150. Of course, we can also pay the £300 directly to you for you to spend or donate where you would like.
Job # 18420