Bespoke high-end residential joinery company seeking an Operations Manager to join their team in Kent.
Operations Manager for Bespoke, High-end Residential Joinery Company, Kent
Salary Guide: £60,000 – £70,000
A bespoke high-end residential joinery company is seeking an operations Manager to join their team. In the capacity of Operations Manager, you will assume a crucial position in guaranteeing the successful implementation of joinery projects. This includes adhering to project schedules, maintaining the utmost quality benchmarks, and managing budgetary constraints. You will directly report to the Head of Project Management while fostering close collaboration within a team of skilled professionals within a dynamic and vibrant work environment.
- Take the lead in overseeing and managing all production operations, which include Machining, Assembly, Finishing, Wrap and Pack, and Installation.
- Chair and guide weekly production meetings to streamline communication and coordination among team members.
- Implement effective scheduling and management of all project work orders across workshop departments and installation sites, ensuring that project timelines and budgets are adhered to.
- Maintain oversight of workshop scheduling software to ensure the accurate tracking and status reporting of all production and installation work orders.
- Prepare detailed production status and throughput reports to provide clear insights into project progress.
- Ensure rigorous quality control procedures are applied to all work orders throughout the production and installation processes.
- Collaborate with project managers to assist in project programming and work order scheduling, ensuring efficient project execution.
- Hold responsibility for both workshop and site-based health and safety measures, including staff training, adherence to Safe Systems of Work (SSOW), and compliance with Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) regulations.
- Oversee workshop maintenance activities, including the creation and upkeep of machinery and plant maintenance schedules to meet Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations (LOLER) and Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER) requirements.
- Manage workshop inventory by monitoring and maintaining stock levels to optimize production output.
- Supervise the identification of project-specific material requirements and ensure timely ordering and delivery of materials before the commencement of production.
- Develop and establish operational systems and processes aimed at optimizing workshop production efficiency while maintaining the highest standards of quality control.
- Oversee workshop and installation resource management, including the recruitment of new hires and contract workers as needed to support operations.
- This role would be for someone legally eligible to work in the UK
- Excellent and in-depth knowledge of joinery fabrication and finishing procedures with a wide understanding of joinery materials (boards, veneers, laminates, timber and hardware).
- Experience delivering and managing high-end residential joinery projects.
- Proficiency with IT systems and digital management software.
- Confident management and communication skills.
- An astute attention to detail and a commitment to quality.
- The successful candidate will be a highly organized, motivated, and efficient individual.
About the company:
- Office location next to a beautiful nature reserve and beach, ideal for a breath of fresh air and walk at lunchtime!
- Located with access to the station, with direct links to London.
- Friendly, sociable working environment.
- Free onsite parking provided.
- Pension scheme provided.