A small growing developer in South West London is seeking an experienced Senior Architect to join their team as Head of Design working on education projects.
Senior Architect for a Developer Working on Education Projects
Architect with a minimum of seven years of professional experience, ideally working on education, nursery or care home projects
Salary Guide: £55,000 – £65,000
A small growing developer in South West London is seeking an experienced Senior Architect / Project Lead to join their team as Head of Design. This is an exciting opportunity to join the team in Senior Architect capacity to oversee an ambitious plan of developments to work on early year education projects, as well as continuing to build on the company’s existing small and medium-scale residential development projects.
- Be happy and confident client-facing, and liaising with external design team consultants, suppliers and local authorities
- Oversee the day-to-day management of projects as they progress through all RIBA stages, for both in-house designed projects and externally managed projects working with consultants
- Work with the internal team to manage projects from the start to finish, including application submissions
- Have a passion and interest in creating practical and inspiring learning spaces for children and staff alike
- Provide early-stage feasibility input for new sites in collaboration with the site acquisition team
- Provide design and technical advice to the in-house contracting team when requested
- Be an organised, strong communicator with a proactive approach to work and life
Skills and experience:
- Qualified RIBA or ARB Architect with a minimum of seven years of professional experience, ideally working on education, nursery or care home projects
- Have job-running experience at all RIBA work stages
- Have detailed knowledge of UK planning, building regulations, and construction, ideally in both existing buildings and new build sites in the UK
- Have excellent written and verbal English
- Have experience and excitement for school design – where your design affects people on an everyday scale!
- Proficiency in AutoCAD or Revit and Adobe suite (including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator)
- Candidates must be able to work in the UK without restriction
In return this is a great opportunity to step into a senior role within a growing team, really make a mark and influence how the business grows in the coming years. Also, a competitive salary is offered and remote working is available.
One Last Thing…
If you fit the criteria of skills, characteristics and software knowledge for this Senior Architect role; please apply below and attach your CV and a portfolio with detailed samples of work related to this role.
In addition, if you have a friend or colleague who you know is looking for a similar role; refer them over to us and take great advantage of our referral scheme as mentioned below.