Outstanding opportunity for an experienced Senior Design Director to work directly for a private client leading luxury residential projects.
Senior Design Director, Grade 1 listed private country residence
Salary Guide: £100,000 – £140,000
An outstanding opportunity for an experienced Design Director to gain a permanent position working full time directly for a private client. Leading a team working on multiple luxury residential homes, across the UK and internationally. Including a large-scale grade 1 listed building to be fully restored with eccentric and unique interiors.
Working directly for the client will provide excellent client facing exposer and full management of the project and team.
- Establish, define, and obtain sign-off of the client’s project briefs including design objectives, priorities, functionality, budgets, and program.
- With a team assess and establish the technical brief, constraints, opportunities, and feasibility of the client’s brief.
- Work on design development, procurement, and implementation program.
- Agree budgets for each interior to include operational budgets. Define the extent of bespoke items to ensure value for money and obtain client sign-off.
- Provide in-house design feasibility studies with budgets.
- Ensure throughout the design procurement and implementation process that guidelines of the project brief are monitored and met regarding quality, time, and budget, reporting regularly to the client on progress.
- Take responsibility for leading and coordinating the design managing interfaces with adjacent works and trades at all stages.
- Liaise and coordinate with external consultants and architects to manage the production of high-quality designs.
- Quality check on-site, ensuring the delivery meets expectations.
- Review, critique, and enhance design proposals within the client brief.
- Provide critical review of space planning and design to add value.
- Communicate, report, liaise, and work effectively with the Family Office teams (Finance, Property).
- Manage resourcing, effective, and efficient utilization of existing staff.
- Identify future skill sets required to create an exemplary interior design team and develop future recruitment strategy and program to match the need of the client projects and property portfolio.
- At least 10 years’ post qualification experience.
- Experience of working on all project and RIBA stages
- Proven experience of delivering high-end residential developments.
- Excellent and extensive knowledge of suppliers, specialist trades companies, artisans, manufacturers, and installers.
- Excellent knowledge of design detailing, specification, and current legislation and design standards.
- Communicate design and spatial concepts through sketching, sketch up models, (managing of) CGIs, mood boards, etc.
- Understanding of design deliverables, production information, and project programs.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes to enable practical details to be developed and procured.
- Ability to engage with and monitor the manufacture and delivery of design proposals to ensure excellent quality through supplier, factory, and quarry visits as required.
- Lead, motivate, and direct a dynamic team.
- The ability to build and maintain relationships using strong communication skills too clearly, effectively, and assertively liaise with consultants and contractors and confidently work with clients.
- The ability to contribute strategies to ensure all opportunities are fully explored challenging and problem solving throughout.
This role is for someone legally eligible to work in the UK
About the company:
- Not your useful studio environment, working directly for the private client to create their family properties.
- Above industry salary at this level.
- Benefits package.
- Fantastic exposer to once in a lifetime listed project.
Article25 is our registered charity of choice. Refer someone for this job and we will give them and you £150. Of course, we can also pay the £300 directly to you for you to spend or donate where you would like.