A top international firm, in Kent, is looking for a Senior Design Manager to work on some award winning large scale technical projects
Senior Design Manager
Large Value Technical on-site Project in Kent, not far from M25
Salary Guide: £60,000 – £70,000 + package (dependent on experience)
A top international firm, in Kent, is looking to grow their team with an experienced Senior CDM (Construction Design Manger), to work across sectors, initially to work on some award winning large scale technical projects.
This is a great chance to join a studio that work on large and complex award-winning projects, they are a great name for your CV and offer the chance to cultivate your experience and grow within the team. You will ideally have existing experience of a couple of years working in a similar role, ideally working within logistics and distribution sector, with a team leading mindset.
Job description and skills:
This is a rare and brilliant opportunity to demonstrate and utiltise your passion for design management and the construction industry, together with your internal and external team co-ordination, innovation and technical knowledge to deliver great projects in the UK and potentially internationally too.
- Have strong industry experience from either an Architectural or Project Management background
- Be able to lead on complex fit out projects and manage team to meet deadlines and targets
- Have existing experience in design management of a variety of large scale and complex projects, working through all RIBA stages
- Experience of working with UK building regulations, construction types and knowledge with risk mitigation
- Have an inquisitive and problem solving mind-set and be interested and driven to take your career to the next step
- Experience in large value projects, dealing with clients
- Be able to develop the design function of a project to consistently improve and be better than any competition, to drive innovation and best practice
- Confident and clear communicator both verbally and visually, from using software to hand drawings – for client management to internal meetings and team leadership
- Assist in establishing consultant requirements and working projects through suitable subcontract packages.
- Proficient in Revit and AutoCAD, Microsoft Office and Adobe
- Able to manage people, working as part of a team and share knowledge to support junior staff too
More about the company:
- Until the project is on site, this will be working from home and within their central London office, and then shall be on site predominately with some WFH.
- A great London practice, surrounded by cool and quirky bars and restaurants
- International awarded practice holder
- Structured career progression in place to help you achieve your goals and career development
- Huge variety of clients and exciting projects
Comprehensive benefits package, with a range of appealing perks and benefits
One last thing…
If you fit the criteria of all skills, characteristics as well as software knowledge, for this Senior Design Manager role then please apply below.
First, please attach your CV and a portfolio with detailed samples of work detailed to this Part II Architectural Assistant opportunity. Furthermore, if you have a friend or colleague who you know is looking for a similar role then refer them over to us and take great advantage of our referral scheme as mentioned below..
Article25 is our registered charity of choice. Refer someone for this job and we will give them and you £150. Of course, we can also pay the £300 directly to you for you to spend or donate where you would like.