A unique and artistic high-end hospitality design studio is looking for a Senior Furniture Designer to join their team.
Senior Furniture Designer at Boutique Hospitality and F&B Interior Design Studio
Salary Guide: £47,000 – £57,000
A unique and artistic high-end hospitality and food & beverage studio are looking for a Senior Furniture Designer to join them on a full time, permanent basis. Working on a range products and furniture pieces for high-end restaurants and bars, as well as boutique hotel projects both in UK and internationally.
The studio perfectly combines a timeless, authentic, and tailored design approach, bringing in all elements of the architecture and natural world to create a bespoke aesthetic.
This is an opportunity to join a studio that values creative and innovative thinking. They dedicate 3-4 weeks at the being of each project to explore and define the narrative of the upcoming project. In this time designers are given the freedom to explore and get inspired whether that be through library, exhibitions, poetry or maybe concerts.
As a Senior Furniture Designer, you will play a pivotal role in the design process, creating bespoke and innovative furniture solutions that harmonize functionality, aesthetics, and brand identity. You will collaborate closely with the talented team of interior designers, to bring clients’ visions to life. This is an excellent opportunity to showcase your expertise, drive creativity, and contribute to the growth and reputation of the studio.
- Conceptualize and design unique furniture pieces that align with the studio’s design philosophy and clients’ requirements.
- Develop detailed technical drawings, specifications, and prototypes for bespoke furniture.
- Collaborate with the wider design team to integrate furniture seamlessly into overall design concepts and spatial layouts.
- Source and liaise with suppliers, artisans, and manufacturers to bring your designs to fruition.
- Ensure compliance with industry regulations, quality standards, and sustainability practices in all furniture designs.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, materials, and manufacturing techniques to continuously innovate and improve design offerings.
Skills and qualifications:
- Proven experience as a Furniture Designer with a strong portfolio showcasing relevant projects ideally within the hospitality and F&B sectors.
- Proficiency in using 2D design software, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite, and 3D Solidworks or similar.
- An ability to create accurate and detailed technical drawings.
- Deep understanding of materials, production processes, and craftsmanship to deliver high-quality furniture solutions.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and clients.
- A keen eye for detail, creativity, and a passion for delivering exceptional design solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Furniture Design, Product, Interior Design, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
About the company:
- A young, busy, and growing studio.
- 1 day a week is fully work from home.
- 4pm finish on a Friday.
- Highly talented team of creatives and industry professionals.
- Beautiful high-end residential, hospitality and F&B projects.
- Chance to work on projects and to go onsite to locations both in the UK and International. Projects over the next year to include locations such as Dubai, LA, and across Europe.
- A collaborative and creative working environment.
- A studio with a focus on sustainability.
Note: This is a full-time, on-site position (with one day working from home), and we are only able to consider applicants who are eligible to work in the UK.
Article25 is our registered charity of choice. Refer someone for this job and we will give them and you £150. Of course, we can also pay the £300 directly to you for you to spend or donate where you would like.