Join a luxury residential and hospitality studio in London as a Senior Interior Designer. Lead remarkable design projects.
Senior Interior Designer for a Luxury Hospitality and Residential Studio
Salary Guide: £45,000 – £55,000
An innovative and luxury residential and hospitality studio is seeking a Senior Interior Designer with capacity to lead multiple projects, throughout the entire design journey from initial concept creation through design development to final implementation. Located in West London, the ideal candidate will have a creative design flare and experience in leading extraordinary design projects.
- You’ll play a pivotal role in translating the client’s vision into reality while ensuring the project aligns with program requirements, quality standards, and constraints.
- Lead the design team in crafting innovative solutions that meet client expectations.
- Translate creative concepts into technically sound designs.
- Act as a liaison between the creative director and the design team, facilitating a seamless design process.
- Demonstrate a knack for producing comprehensive construction documents, including plans, sections, elevations, and intricate details.
- Develop detailed joinery packages for shopfitters or contractors, considering manufacturing costs, material selection, and hardware choices.
- Collaborate closely with manufacturers to detail bespoke FF&E (Furniture, Fixtures, and Equipment) and joinery pieces.
- Proficiently specify and organize finishes, FF&E, and lighting schedules.
- Foster enduring relationships with third parties and external consultants.
- Possess a deep understanding of interior systems and construction methods.
- Conduct thorough document reviews to ensure alignment with the design intent.
- A minimum of five years of work experience in the high-end hospitality and residential design sectors.
- Must have a degree in Interior Design.
- Exemplify a conceptual design approach.
- Proven experience of leading design teams.
- Exceptional teamwork skills, fostering collaboration with fellow designers and the creative director.
- Strong organizational skills with keen attention to detail.
- Proficiency in 2D drawing using AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of digital tools to craft presentations, particularly Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign and Photoshop.
- Proficient in 3D design skills, using SketchUp and hand sketches) to analyse spatial layouts effectively.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, in English.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office for scheduling and maintaining specification sheets.
- Expertise in custom furniture design.
- Knowledge of the European supplier market, with familiarity in the American market being advantageous.
- British citizenship or an appropriate working permit is essential.
About the company:
- Be part of a dynamic team working on exceptional projects in high-end residential, commercial and hospitality sectors.
- An opportunity to work on international projects with a dynamic and innovative studio.
One last thing…
If you fit the criteria of the skills, characteristics and software knowledge for this exciting Senior Interior Designer role we’d love to hear from you. First, please attach your CV and portfolio. In addition, if you have a friend or colleague who you know is looking for a similar role; refer them over to us and take great advantage of our referral scheme – contact us for more info.