This studio is looking for a Senior Interior Designer with strong conceptual skills to join a small team supporting the head designer to work on multiple high-end commercial and residential projects.
Senior Interior Designer with Strong Conceptual Skills
Salary Guide: £45,000 – £55,000
Do you want to be designing spaces that flourish both functionally and aesthetically? A fantastic opportunity to join an East London based studio characterised as an alternative to traditional interior design with a unique and varied pool of inspiration and with meticulous attention paid to every detail. This studio is looking for a Senior Interior Designer with strong conceptual skills to join a small team supporting the head designer to work on multiple high-end commercial and residential projects.
Their projects are based in the UK and internationally including a large-scale Grade I listed building to be fully restored with eccentric and unique interiors. The successful candidate will have the opportunity of project ownership and of high level of responsibility. This studio as works on bespoke furniture and lighting, and source rare and interesting antiques.
- Conceptualise, design and present interior design solutions. Managing projects from concept through to completion with project timelines and project budgets
- Assisting the head designer, working closely with them and the client through all aspects of the project stages.
- Working on large scale impressive high-end commercial and residential with unique styles.
- Keeping up a high level of communication through client presentation skills and constant communication with suppliers and contractors. Building and maintain relationships with clients
- Sourcing and procuring all FF&E items and accessories.
- Produce detailed technical drawings and specifications for tender and construction, including producing drawings for bespoke elements.
- Attend industry and industry-related events on behalf of the studio
- Attend site meetings and manage the installation process
- High emphasis on hand sketching and drawing abilities
- Proficient in AutoCAD, SketchUp and the Adobe Suite
- A minimum of 6 to 7 years’ experience working on UK and European interior
- Ability to create and edit technical drawings, design room layouts and space planning
- Attention to fine detail and a good head for figures essential
- Natural creative flair erring on the eccentric and a hands-on work ethic
- Excellent interpersonal skills, particularly when building relationships with contractors and suppliers.
- Imaginative and resourceful
- Ability to source items such as fabrics and soft furnishing at the best possible price
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Natural problem solving and leadership qualities
About the company:
- The opportunity to work for a high creative artistic studio
- Benefits package
- Fantastic exposure to once in a lifetime listed projects
One last thing…
If this Senior Interior Designer role is of interest send us your CV and Portfolio by applying below! Or, if you have a friend who is looking for a role that ticks all relevant experience and skills, refer them to us and find out how our referral program will benefit you.
Article25 is our registered charity of choice. Refer someone for this job and we will give them and you £150. Of course, we can also pay the £300 directly to you for you to spend or donate where you would like.