An AJ100 practice is seeking a creative and ambitious Senior Urban Designer to lead on a number of exciting and masterplanning projects.
Senior Urban Designer
For large scale housing and masterplanning projects
Salary Guide: £38,000 – £46,000
An AJ100 practice is seeking a creative and ambitious Senior Urban Designer to lead on a number of exciting and high-profile visioning and masterplanning projects for urban extensions, large scale new neighbourhoods and garden villages within the UK.
The Right Candidate:
- Should be a highly confident, proactive and talented urban designer with a proven record of managing project teams
- Should have experience building relationships with clients, consultants and local communities
- Will have excellent written, verbal and graphic communication skills
- Be proficient in the use of Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp, CAD and hand-drawing
- Holds a post graduate qualification in urban design. This is essential for this role and a background in architecture would be advantageous
- Will have significant experience of working on projects of a of sustainable and biodiverse nature
- Will have developed projects from inception/ design to completion/ technical delivery including the preparation of design coding, regulatory plans, and detailed housing layouts
About the Company:
This is an award winning, international placemaking practice of architects and masterplanners. They undertake placemaking projects at every scale, from cities and towns, to neighbourhoods, streets and the design of individual buildings.
Their unique approach and investment in people has received high praise, recognised with over 200 design awards including winning numerous employee focused awards in the last few years.
As well as being a great place to work, they offers fantastic employee benefits including 25 days holiday (plus 3 additional days at Christmas & 8 Bank holidays), above standard contributory pension, private medical, health insurance, performance related bonus and more.
One last thing…
If you fit the criteria of all skills, characteristics and software knowledge, for this Senior Urban Designer role; please apply below and attach your CV and a portfolio with detailed samples of work related to this role.
Furthermore, if you have a friend or colleague who you know is looking for a similar role then refer them over to us and take advantage of our referral scheme as mentioned below.
Job # 18080