Join a talented in-house F&B design team in London. Exciting projects, technical skills, and creative growth opportunities.
Technical Junior Interior Designer, Working on Exciting In-House F&B Hospitality Projects
Salary Guide: £25,000 – £35,000
A small team working on in-house Food & Beverage design projects is looking for a talented and technically skilled Junior designers to join them. This team work on exciting projects with a rustic yet modern style in London and the home counties. They specialise in transforming forgotten spaces into extraordinary ones, weaving together aesthetics, functionality, and sustainability. This junior to mid-level role will suit someone with previous London based studio experience who is looking to learn and grow as a designer, working closely with a talented round team.
- Bring innovative and original ideas to the team, fostering a fresh perspective.
- Generate cohesive concepts through space planning, 3D modeling, rendering, and concept presentations.
- Source distinctive furnishings and accessories, every detail is meticulously curated to create harmonious and visually stunning interiors.
- Translate concept imagery into tangible designs during the development phase.
- Create detailed plans, elevations, joinery drawings, and schedules for architectural and joinery elements using AutoCAD
- Provide design solutions and ideas for custom FF&E (Furniture, Fixtures, and Equipment).
- Develop FF&E drawings, schedules, and budget documents.
- Source budget-specific furniture, lighting, textiles, antiques, and artwork.
- Conduct research to discover new suppliers and artisans for potential collaboration.
- Manage procurement, negotiate buying terms, and ensure quality control.
- Coordinate supplier invoices, payment schedules, and shipping logistics to meet project deadlines and budgets.
- Attend site visits, document meeting minutes, and respond to contractors’ and suppliers’ requests for information (RFIs).
- Review information and drawings produced by sub-contractors for accuracy.
- Prepare snagging lists and coordinate the purchase or rental of accessories for styling.
- Coordinate site installations for a seamless implementation of designs.
- Manage logistics for photoshoots and deliveries to and from the site.
- Assist in guiding and mentoring junior designers to foster their design skills.
- Stay updated on current trends in the interior design industry and cultivate a strong sense of storytelling through design.
- Embrace a fun and enjoyable work environment throughout the design process.
- 1-3 years’ experience ideally including F&B, hospitality projects.
- Proficient AutoCAD, Sketchup, Indesign, Photoshop, and Excel.
- Technical drawing skills with AutoCAD are essential.
- Experience in sourcing interior finishes, FF&E, and antiques.
- Capable of confidently managing schedules across a range of budgets.
- Skilled in reviewing contractor’s shop drawings and collaborating with contractors and suppliers to ensure design adherence.
- Experienced in procurement and seamless installation of FF&E.
- Proficient in styling and executing successful photoshoots.
- Passionate about Interior Design with an exceptional eye for design and details.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, on multiple projects.
- A full, clean driving license for site visits is a must.
About the company:
- Their approach embraces the unique narrative of each space, collaborating closely with clients to bring their visions to life.
- Opportunities for learning, development, and career advancement.
- Staff socials and welcoming friendly team.
- Stunning projects with excellent project and client exposure.
One last thing…
If you fit the criteria of all skills and characteristics for this Technical Junior Interior Designer role then please apply below. In addition, if you have a friend or colleague who you know is looking for a similar role; refer them over to us and take great advantage of our referral scheme as mentioned below.
Article25 is our registered charity of choice. Refer someone for this job and we will give them and you £150. Of course, we can also pay the £300 directly to you for you to spend or donate where you would like.