A rare opportunity for a Workplace Technical Designer to join a Real Estate Investor as part of their recently formed in-house design studio.
Workplace Technical Designer for Real Estate Investor
Salary Guide: £55,000 – £65,000
A rare opportunity to join a Real Estate Investor as part of their recently formed in-house design studio. An exciting opening to be part of a rapidly growing arm to the already well-established, investor and manager of UK commercial workplace properties.
This role will be a vital part of this new department establishing the structure of the team and implementing standards. This would likely suit someone with a background from a well-known Design and Build company who has proven experience in delivering workplace projects. Now willing to join a start-up mentality but very well financially backed company providing huge career progression and earning potential.
- Provision of technical detail across all projects.
- Assistance to the asset manager with Test fits tenancy calculation floor plate division.
- Preparation of planning documents for both projects and services provisions.
- Staying in constant contact with the building control officer ensuring all projects are fully compliant.
- Assist with design development, technical package development, joinery packages floors, walls, ceiling, and associated services.
- Full coordination of packages across small, mid, and large-scale projects.
- Initially work very independently but help with the team growth and structure.
- Mentor and guide the design team in best practice information delivery.
- Employ best practice techniques for information capture and production.
- Communication and coordinate with the team throughout all stages of projects.
- Be client-facing and confident in the design team collaborations.
- Must be fully competent in the formation of design packages to RIBA standards.
- Must have a strong understanding of current UK Building regulations.
- Be fully competent in advising the design team on design compliance responsibilities.
- Ability to set up appropriate CAD standards and ensure continuity.
- Strong understanding of document control.
- Be able to work in a versatile and agile manner.
- Likely to have 6-10 years of commercial workplace project delivery experience.
- A willingness to travel to multiple UK projects sites.
- Ambitious, self-motivated, creative, team player, energetic and personable.
About the company:
- An all-ready proven successful real estate investment company growing a brand-new arm to the business, with plans to eventually be a stand-alone business of the company group.
- Vital first-generation member of this new department, opportunity to grow the team around you.
- Competitive salary, bonus opportunities and huge career potential.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health cashback plan
- Pension at 5%
- Life Assurance, 3x Annual Salary
- Flexible working